The Engineering Test Institute, as Notified Body 1015 of the European Communities and Authorized Body 202, is ready to provide a wide range of activities. We offer services within the scope of Act 22/1997 Coll., as amended by technical requirements for products, concerning conformity assessment and related Government Regulations (176/2008 Coll.) and Council Directives.
Government Regulation 176/2008 Coll. lays basis for conformity with the requirements of Annex I of Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Our test station is accredited by the Czech Accreditation Institute as accredited testing laboratory 1045.1 for testing machinery. We are also a centre for technical assistance, offer consultancy and perform tests according to Czech and foreign standards and technical regulations.
Within the scope of Machinery Directive, the Engineering Test Institute offers testing and assessment of:
- Machinery (single-purpose machines, machine tools, handling equipment, manufacturing and technological lines, etc.).
- Interchangeable add-on equipment
- Safety components
- Lifting accessories
- Incomplete machinery, including Annex 4 of Government Regulation 176/2008 Coll. (e.g. woodworking machines, presses, etc.).
- and others
WHAT IS TESTED:
- Measurement of noise level
- Measurement of deceleration of linear movements
- Measurement of travel distances and other specific tests pursuant to C-type standards
WHAT IS ASSESSED:
- Technical documentation (operating and maintenance instructions, electrical wiring diagrams, etc.)
REQUIRED TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION:
- Overall description of the machinery,
- General drawings of the machinery and detailed drawings, if applicable, accompanied by structural calculations, test results,
- Certificates, etc., necessary for checking conformity of the machinery with essential requirements
- Documentation on risk assessment demonstrating the procedures followed
- Standards and other technical specifications used
- Any technical reports giving the results of tests
- Copy of the instructions for use of the machinery containing information as per Art. 1.7.4 of Annex 1
- EC declaration of conformity of the components used
- Copy of the EC declaration of conformity, or its draft, as per Government Regulation 176/2008 Coll., Annex 2
- Quality management system certificate to EN ISO 9001, or internal measures taken within the quality assurance system
- Circuit wiring diagram, lists of components used
MOST FREQUENT PROBLEMS:
- Incomplete technical documentation, e.g. risk analysis, inadequate operating instructions as per Art. 184.108.40.206 of Government Regulation 176
- Insufficient coverage of moving parts, fencing, etc.
- Insufficient means of access
- ČSN EN ISO 12100:2011 - Safety of machinery - General principles for design - Risk assessment and risk reduction
- ČSN EN ISO 14120:2017 Safety of machinery. Guards. General requirements for the design and construction of fixed and movable guards
- ČSN EN ISO 4414:2011 Pneumatic fluid power. General rules and safety requirements for systems and their components
- ČSN EN ISO 4412:2011 Hydraulic fluid power. General rules and safety requirements for systems and their components
- ČSN EN ISO 11202:2010 Acoustics. Noise emitted by machinery and equipment. Determination of emission sound pressure levels at a work station and at other specified positions applying approximate environmental corrections
- ČSN EN ISO 3746:2011 Acoustics. Determination of sound power levels and sound energy levels of noise sources using sound pressure. Survey method using an enveloping measurement surface
- ČSN EN ISO 13857:2008 Safety of machinery. Safety distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper and lower limbs
- ČSN EN ISO 14118:2018 Safety of machinery. Prevention of unexpected start-up
- and others